Portfolio Review

Hi Karl,

In your Bark project, you mentioned in one of the pages “A lot of inspiration was taken from Omlet who design pet products in the UK.” As an audience reviewing your work without any background, I don’t know what Omlet is?… a brand reference/mood board referencing your inspiration would fill in that gap for me. A page of market research/competitor products of current offering would also support your product’s viability.

LiteFire project – I think first two pages are straightforward and simple. Page 3 though has a lot of information for me to download. I can easily see that in two page spread over one. Perhaps one page of your “key observation” and the other “directions to take based on key observations” Page 4 has lot of merit…I first briefly skimmed them over, and went back and noticed that form exploration are kind of repetitive. What were some of its technical constraints? How are handle shapes defined – based on use and scenario (storage, inactive & active use)?

Overall, great presentation. I think you nailed the layout – it’s easy to follow & read. Sketching skill is strong. I can see you put a lot of hard work in it. Your work ethic really comes through. Best of luck in your final year!