Online product configurator/customizer examples?

Thanks guys, keep them coming.

Yo-
Most of the car configurators are pretty similar, like the Porsche and BMW ones. A few steps and options on the side, a few views of the car. The Ferrari one is surprisingly well done and along the lines of what I was looking for. The interface (scroll down to go to next step) is much more intuitive and interactive than clicking a bunch of option swatches all on one screen.

Lighting change and compare mode also pretty swell.

Good job on the Definitive/Polk compare tools. I found the lead through nicely done and easy to use, though I the final results presented were a bit confusing to me to know what was what (ie. I saw hidden speakers behind a concrete wall?) or what other options I might have (ie. how the speakers selected for me compare to others or if I could have any other options and/or how they would fit my parameters).

I’m also curious how a really structured build interface would work with repeat customers who sorta know what they want but still want to explore “custom” options. Interesting for sure the approach to use a customizer in the instance where it is really more a recommendation and matching of preference/use/cost/etc. to product than traditional customization.

Moczys-
Interesting project. Was pretty fun to play around with the customizer!

For the application I’m looking at we are going full custom and full 3D. At this point, I’m still working on trying to explore options of the base UI from a design and interface POV. I think the bunch of swatches/options presented all at once in a side menu with a poorly rendered 3D mold floating in white space is really not ideal functionally or graphically and feels like 1999 technology.

Keep them coming. I’m not a gamer, but even have been wondering what sort of interfaces there might be in games where you can customize characters, cars, etc. They must be better than some of these crappy web shops that feel like a freeware CAD interface…

R