Rogue One Discussions: SPOILER ALERT!

The Uncanny Valley is real, Tarkin was really distracting, I feel like the movements were what gave it away first, so much like a video game character.

Really enjoyed this one a lot, saw it two days after Chrismas with my kids, wife, dad, sister, and brother-in-law. Everyone enjoyed it, my wife thinks it feels much more like an action movie than what Star Wars is for her, but had no major complaints and she liked it.

After enjoying the movie so much, it was great to see Doug Chiang’s name among the first three to run in the credits. Art of Star Wars Episode One (in spite of the movie) was a great inspiration for me learning design sketching and I remember trying to find anything and everything about Doug Chiang at that time, still use the Grey marker sketching technique that I first learned about from his website.

K2SO was funny and my kids loved him without going the Jar-Jar route. The visuals on Lah’mu at the beginning we so striking, I wasn’t thinking, just absorbing. Looking forward to seeing it again.