Vehicles spotted in your neighborhood

From a design standpoint, the TR6 is the greatest sports car of all time, imho.

Found this thing floating around by my hood. Been rotting behind a restoration facility for god knows how long.

I know, it is a last year CSi, super clean too.

This Lancia Fulvia HF that came out to @secretcarclub last week had a storied racing history. It had traveled the world to participate in rally races.

It is a classic. It is also a classic LUCAS ELECTRIC lifetime problem. Unless your friend wants to spend all his time fiddling steer him to something German or Italian or ? You may loose a friend.

this guy is a die hard Lancia fan. He has had this car for years.

‪Gorgeous vintage Lamborghini Superleggera spotted street parked. ‬

A car buddy of mine has a created a nice little business doing vinyl wraps (and clear bra) for the local car scene this past weekend. He started out doing blacked out headlight housing/HID retrofit/LEDs for a local business and shifted attention to what he’s doing now. He’s a very entrepreneurial young man.

There were plenty of nice rides but I was running low on batt. but managed to capture just of couple of random ones.

I’m not a fan of wrapped cars- especially since I can’t polish out the scratches.

I’ve never been a huge wrap guy but those are nice and clean!

A few recents:

I wish I had the mojo to do my truck in snow camo/white dazzle.

Having been in the sign industry for 17 years, I’m very impressed with wraps. It’s something early on I attempted to do, but it’s very difficult to do correctly. 3M makes some amazing products now that make it very easy for a skilled tech to do a beautiful job on. That said, I’d only ever do matte black…

A red Holden Sandman panelvan in Birdwood Auto Museum, and my dads green Holden Sandman ute.

Well. How do I put that one politely?

As a European I only know the notorious image of those “love wagons” of the 70ies. So what sense does a “Sandman” “ute” make?
I can think of a lot of slippery jokes, but there must be an angle to it, that I do not see.

Please enlighten me on the subject.

wow, we didn’t get those on this side of the pond, just Chevy El Camino’s.

They get used a lot as trade vehicles to carry around tools and materials. Its much more likely to see a tradesman/contractor here driving around in a ute than a van, which is more common in Europe. Ute is short for utility, and is the exactly the same in principle as an American “pickup”. As to why we use them instead of vans, besides the long-standing cultural image that “it’s Australian”, I have no idea. It could be because some of them have huge engines/go-fast-bits while still being able to cart things around.

The panelvan, despite its notoriety, was presumably targeted at being able to camp in the back, rather than setting up a tent, and still being able to fit in a surfboard etc.

Spotted this one in my garage. One of my best friends and I traded cars for the week. I think I might have gotten the better end of that deal.

Oh man that surfacing and simple light cutout out awesome!

Some kind of Toyota J40. I don’t know enough about these trucks to identify year/specific model, but it was sure cool and completely restored.

Old stuff that has been beat on and well-maintained just has such a special aura.

nice!

I love that it’s in such mint condition, its always fun to see something really cool thats been restored well.