Do well designed drip coffee makers exist?

May sound like nitpicking but the last one I bought, I thought was well designed, until I got it home and realised the top lid was too large to open fully under the wall cabinets. Also it was a pain to keep clean with too many tight corners, and creases to get into. But it looked good! And I have to say I really appreciate a timer. It’s really nice to wake up to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee. The lid may not be an issue for you but these were just a few observations.

Then I was recently given one of those coffee machine thingys, and my god I remembered immediately why I never got one. I’m not a coffee geek by any means. I do like a good cup, but a coffee machine for me is honestly a bit of a waste. Talk about poor design. The noise of the mill, the confusing interface, the numerous containers… I understand there are many factors that affect the quality and thus many features, but most of them are really set and forget. And every coffee machine I’ve used is really confusing.
My ideal coffee machine would be quiet, it would have two rotary knobs for choosing the amount and intensity and one big red button that says “F***ING COFFEE!”