Core77...where to in 2017?

I’ve been following this forum since its inception and in particular this past year 2016. Core77 is now in its teens. However, discussion on design is now vast and diverse here on the web and many areas of the profession go undiscussed here. I’ve noticed this forum in particular has dwindled to a handful of regular voices and a few threads that get continued bumps with those same voices.

To the moderators I ask what is in store for 2017? Many changes have occurred socially, politically and economically that will impact design next year. I am very much interested in reading the opinions from new voices in the discussions here. Is there anything new being done to address how design discussions might change on here in the coming new year?

Does anybody here know if there anyone who has aggregated all of the design forum discussions groups on the web yet?

Seasons Greetings…

I’m not an admin, but I’m sure there will be plenty of fascism to talk about, in terms of how that impacts our clients, our work culture, funding, etc.

I agree, discussion has been more and more limited. I think part of it is that there are too many different forums now: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other websites. Unfortunately, our profession is pretty small so that everyone struggles to maintain a critical mass. If you have a suggestion to change it, I think Core and everyone else would love to try and change that!

We don’t plan anything. You bring up some great points though. Hard to tell how all of the political change will effect design. The Bank of Canada said yesterday that they can’t adjust their economic projections because they have no idea what US policy will be in January. I think we’re all in that boat now.

What do you mean by this? I don’t understand.