Aaron Powers Portfolio Thread

Hey all,

I’m finishing up my last semester of ID school, it’s been a wild ride! This past year I was interning and then hired as a full time designer at a consultancy in the bay area while also going to school full time. After nearly a year of working in a consultancy, I felt that I needed a change of direction in my life, and wanted to pursue my passion in footwear design.

Going into my last semester of school, I decided that I wanted to tackle this new venture head on with all of my effort, and made an extremely difficult decision to resign from my full-time position to focus solely on trying to land a technical footwear design gig. Athletics has been ingrained in my life since I can remember, and my time at Under Armour two summers ago was phenomenal. It’s my goal to get back into this environment of pushing to make athletes better.

Here’s some of my latest work, I’ve received some amazing input over the past few weeks from friends and mentors and hope to keep improving to get my foot in the door. I’ve been told that the level of work is there, but my personality isn’t shining through. I’m going to be working on this ASAP.

Overview of my body of work: Behance