Microsoft Surface Studio

I think where MS is getting this Surface series “right” is the ability to handle my ENTIRE workflow - if I wanted a $2500 awesome sketch pad with all its intent based around making me feel warm and cozy while pushing a stylus around I’d have stuck with Wacom, and if I needed just a light duty recreation tablet with only a mobile OS and an awesome pen I’d have gotten an iPad Pro, but I need a workhorse that is a tablet, a laptop and a desktop computer, runs Outlook and all my MS Office apps, merges all data from my phone to my laptop to the cloud all at once, runs SolidWorks, let’s me not just open eDrawings but capture and sketch notes and drawings into those captures in a single step, lets me run all my photo and graphics apps AND lets me sketch with ease in SBP, Leonardo and other apps as either a flip screen laptop (if I’m going to need Nvidia muscle and extra battery runtime) OR just as a super light tablet otherwise. So if the pen is 8% less rewarding than Wacom, it’s an easy 8% to live with because they’re addressing all my other needs as well.

Here’s a good article in the MIT Tech Review this month; Microsoft Is Looking Like the New Apple | MIT Technology Review