Sketching in Seattle's coffee shops

After a week and a half of friends visiting and moving out of temporary corporate accommodation I’ve found time to sketch again!!

Thanks Yo, I agree, it still looks really toyetic. Which I find quite funny, since I spent so much of my early career trying to develop a sketch style that suited me, it’s interesting trying to depart from that style and become more flexible. It’s great to get feedback as I think I tend to fall back to the styles I find easy to quickly communicate ideas. Not picking up a sharpie and a large piece of paper is like quitting a habit!

I still want to take a look at totally different topics of sketch too, I still love the idea of retail / architecture space with different tools, think I’ll try this one next. I’m tempted to download Astropad and sketch from the iPad in Photoshop (I watched Spencer Nugents review of this earlier today :slight_smile: )

You’re right, I think the numerals are more stylised than correct, I also wonder if I added more of a defined edge, as well as more of a hex shaped edge that it might help? I’m tempted to try the same sketch again with different line weight and perhaps a slightly more realistic style?

I’m quite enjoying Procreate, although there are a couple of digital home comforts it feels like it’s missing, I used to use Sketchbook Pro on a Wacom Cintiq, and whilst it felt like cheating, I still found the elipse sketch outline really useful, it feels like Procreate could benefit from a couple of the tools that transferred from sketch to digital like that and curves.

As I’m used to drawing smaller scale products, I had a really quick shot at a larger product… theme totally driven by the Seattle coffee scene!! More of an exercise in sketch style than concept (I’m quite aware that the product itself doesn’t make much functional sense! :wink: ) I tried using a darker background, and smaller notes… but I’m not sold… I’m not loving the effect or style here…! I’ll post it anyway! All in the hope of improvement right?!! All comments and criticism appreciated!!

Now where’s my Sharpie?!!