Applying Design Principals Inward

A short article i put on linkedIn and thought i would post hear as well to generate a conversation about my pov.

If we agree that the above formula provides positive results when developing solutions for the marketplace, then I would challenge that the same formula can be utilized internally within development teams. Throughout my career I have seen a breakdown across departments all working towards a common goal but with different needs and pain points within the process. This occurs is when there is a lack of understanding and empathy for what the different members are trying to achieve in order to have a holistic solution in the end. . From my observations, if individuals within the team can achieve true empathy through more supportive and truly collaborative interaction for their team members, then a synergy is created that provides value to the final outcome. This tied with individuals understanding cultural communication will provide tremendous value throughout the development cycle.