Microsoft Surface Studio

I played with one of these Studios today and it is super cool. I was told the resting angle in the downward position (much like the slight angle of my Surface Book at rest) is to mimic a physical artistic surface for drawing - I like it.

To those who’ve relayed your experiences with the Surface Pro 3 (not liking the pen) you should try a Surface pro 4, a Book or this Studio - the pen is just about perfect now - I came from Wacom-love like all of you (Wacom tablets (I had the very first model over 15 years ago), then Toshiba Tecras, then Samsung Note Pros) so when I saw that MS abandoned Wacom for N-Trig, I thought they’d taken the wrong road but now I see they ripped up the road and re-paved it…they made an NTrig out-Wacom a Wacom.

I see the target disciplines as architects, graphic design, ID and some of the fray-types, like sign shops, etc. The dial is really cool, but limited right now in the software that it works with - once they get it working with SW, SBP and others it’ll be an awesome value add for workflow.

I also really love the new take on 3D via their WindowsPhone capture - juvenile in this first iteration and definitely not serious 3D, it’s a great advance for 3D-for-all.