Computer Case

Alright, things are starting to gel!

Michael, I’m having a look at that island design, it seems like making everything fairly tight and putting it on an edge may look ok. I still don’t have something clean enough though.

I started looking at a colour palette. The more I’ve been working on this design, the more I’ve been liking the idea of having it available in a variety of colour combinations including some really bright ones to contrast the subdued design. I’ve really been feeling the salmon pink Nike has been using recently. I have to admit I have a soft spot for sea foam greens, but I’ve also taken it from some of the Ikea reference I’ve had since the beginning. Hey there also complimentary colours so that’s cool :laughing: I also had a nice blue with a slight purple tint but it just didn’t seem to fit anywhere, so it didn’t make the cut.

I used coolors.co to help me in finding the colours. It’s a really great tool I thought I’d share. It’s a well thought out tool that allows for quick exploration as well as honing done of hues.

Anyhow, on to the exciting stuff! Here’s my first go at some renders. At some point it seems there’s only so much you can do with a lifeless 3D model and need some renders or ideally some physical prototypes. It certainly has given me a second breath on this project as far as motivation too.

I tried colours on the plastic part and it really gets a Fisher Price look, I’ll keep at it but may be in vain. The white version looks pretty lifeless, I’ll see what can be done about it, maybe swapping out the white painted part for anodized…

More to come, I was just really excited to share these images :smiley: