Close

Re: Is industrial Design PINK?

Postby Nathalie_Guez » September 25th, 2016, 8:31 am

Nathalie_Guez

Hi to all,

I find it very interesting that in two different forums, the Industrial Design community have reached the same conclusion: Aluminum / Silver color, Grey. (to my point of view are very similar)

If I thought associating PINK color to Insdustrial Design surprising in the first place, the results of these 2 discussions show me, that it might be a good idea to fix it Pink when everyone expects Grey.

Taking in consideration the context of the WORLD DESIGN SUMMIT 2017 where all 6 design disciplines will be associated with an expected color, won't we want to differentiate ourselves?

Postby yo » September 26th, 2016, 5:28 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

The percentage of products that are pink is .00001% and pink is the color of breast cancer awareness.

Also, why ask a question if you have a predetermined answer that you don't want to deviate from? You asked for a democratic response and got one.

However I have a new answer. Clear.

Postby sarahbandes » September 26th, 2016, 5:45 pm

sarahbandes

Nathalie_Guez wrote:Hi to all,

I find it very interesting that in two different forums, the Industrial Design community have reached the same conclusion: Aluminum / Silver color, Grey. (to my point of view are very similar)

If I thought associating PINK color to Insdustrial Design surprising in the first place, the results of these 2 discussions show me, that it might be a good idea to fix it Pink when everyone expects Grey.

Taking in consideration the context of the WORLD DESIGN SUMMIT 2017 where all 6 design disciplines will be associated with an expected color, won't we want to differentiate ourselves?

Why is it a good idea to fix it pink when everyone expects grey? Why isn't landscape architecture represented with an unexpected color to differentiate themselves? Why isn't landscape architecture pink? I certainly wouldn't expect pink, so maybe it's a good idea to fix it pink when everyone else expects green.

tbqh, this just seems like advertising for world design summit.

Fun fact about aluminum and anodizing: grey is really hard to control in anodizing.

Postby Nathalie_Guez » September 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm

Nathalie_Guez

yo wrote:The percentage of products that are pink is .00001% and pink is the color of breast cancer awareness.

Also, why ask a question if you have a predetermined answer that you don't want to deviate from? You asked for a democratic response and got one.

However I have a new answer. Clear.

I have no predetermine color, the opposite I've changed sides at least twice! At the beginning I was surprised from the pink color, then you guys have convinced me Aluminum/grey was the right color for industrial Design, but then I though, if Aluminum is so obvious to all, won't we want to show different?

Postby Nathalie_Guez » September 26th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Nathalie_Guez

sarahbandes wrote:
Nathalie_Guez wrote:Hi to all,

Why is it a good idea to fix it pink when everyone expects grey? Why isn't landscape architecture represented with an unexpected color to differentiate themselves? Why isn't landscape architecture pink? I certainly wouldn't expect pink, so maybe it's a good idea to fix it pink when everyone else expects green.

tbqh, this just seems like advertising for world design summit.

Fun fact about aluminum and anodizing: grey is really hard to control in anodizing.

You got me! Lol!

Postby iab » September 27th, 2016, 3:58 pm

iab
full self-realization
full self-realization

yo wrote:However I have a new answer. Transparent aluminum.

fify

Postby amunta » September 27th, 2016, 4:29 pm

amunta

I'm going to pick triangle for my color. Because it's about as relevant as this thread is.

Postby yo » September 27th, 2016, 4:32 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

good call.

Postby ralphzoontjens » September 28th, 2016, 2:40 am

ralphzoontjens
full self-realization
full self-realization

Very good call.
Diva pink is part of my designer signature color pallette though it's more representative of fashion and in Europe the LGBT community.
PMS 877C is great, I can also see it being white, PMS 11-4800 Blanc-de-Blanc. It ends the designer's endless search for the best white material.
http://www.designsoul.nl
Designsoul - Product Design & Visualisation

Postby Nathalie_Guez » October 5th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Nathalie_Guez

Thanks for your insights. Today is a big day, We are trying here in Montreal to have a discussion with the World Design Summit Organisation to hear their view of the PINK COLOR based on all we have discussed here and in other forums.
I'll get back to you with their conclusions...Soon

Postby yo » October 5th, 2016, 7:44 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

can't wait!
Attachments
N8bnaAMk.jpg
N8bnaAMk.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 2039 times

Postby bcpid » October 6th, 2016, 11:46 am

bcpid
step four
step four

Natalie - Why did you bother asking a forum of industrial designers their color preference if were planning to disregard the feedback anyway? No one picked pink, so the PINK COLOR selection actually wasn't based on feedback you got here. Am I missing something?

Postby yo » October 6th, 2016, 12:34 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Think this is just SPAM at this point.... also, SPAM is pink

Postby rkuchinsky » October 6th, 2016, 12:43 pm

rkuchinsky

Shutting this down. Useless.
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com