No headphone jack on the iPhone 7... really?

Odd parallel here to this port/cable story…

Last night my cable guy paid me a visit. He brought in a bunch of new toys to clutter up my apartment here in Seoul. A new set top box as they do now every 9 months now. We can now watch 4 channels at once, which will be great for the online retailers I suppose. :angry: The odd bit however was that he also brought in and installed a new BT remote control and additional box that needed yet another power socket. As my cable guy explained this to me he said, “Yeah, its great now you can change the channel from the other room.” :laughing:

I theorized that Korea Telecom had acquired a small bankrupt SME that made the hardware and rather than dispose of the inventory they just pushed it out to the customer (probably with some sort of new upgraded spyware installed :imp: ). The ‘hair’ behind my tv now is even longer.

Perhaps “cable stylist” will be a growth market career choice in the future…

Yo…what is being done more broadly in the CE space to address this issue? Apple is obviously now taking their turn.

Only this design forum has this kind of first world US culture hyperbole… :laughing: