No headphone jack on the iPhone 7... really?

A little of a tangent, but I’ll try to get it to atleast G2

One thing that doesn’t make a ton of sense to me, and why I was not jumping for joy when the 6’s came out is why is the lens still sticking out?

Why isn’t it flush? Oh right, got to keep the “thinnest i-Phone ever” as thin as it is now. Going flush should theoretically give them a little over 6% more space to work with inside the phone, while increasing it’s stiffness in it’s weakest dimension, this might even allow them to further optimize the case and thin out other areas allowing for more space. If removing the earbuds was even partially about more space for tech, increasing the thickness that 0.5mm (making the camera flush) theoretically nets you over 8 times as much space as removing the audio jack.

You are Apple, be brave, make the phone / lens flush, don’t get caught up in thickness claims when that thickness is past the point of user benefit.

I like the argument that this is 1 step closer to a wireless future, BUT why have they not brought done wireless charging yet? Wanna get seamless? Wireless charging, BT audio… done… as I typed that, the case for selling more proprietary lightning connectors and licensing fees starts to feel a little stronger…