Fusion 360/SubD Modeling is NOT Sculpting...

[/quote] Alias has had a version with T-Splines built in since 2016 version though. I am sure sub-D will replace a lot of surface modelling usage too.

I don’t know why cadjunkie didn’t mention SolidWorks with PowerSurfacing in his list. Creo has also had freeform box modelling for years. Fusion 360 is not unique or even new for combining the two.[/quote]

Yes PowerSurfacing from SW is SubD modeling, but it’s REALLY clunky as well much like Fusion. I didn’t forget it as much as it was about the distinction of the terminology.

You really can tell the difference between a CAD company that implements SubD modeling vs a company that is a SubD modeling package at heart. Not saying that all of these software should behave the same, but the intuitive nature of switching between Vertex, Edge, and Polygons is one of the core aspects of SubD modeling not an after thought. I’d 100% endorse Powersurfacing over the Solidworks Industrial designer tool any day of the week. The fact that it’s IN Solidworks and not separate module makes a world of difference. PowerSurfacing and Fusion 360 are better than nothing but they still has a ways to go when compared to software that focuses on it solely.

I think these CAD companies don’t have the mind set of VFX minded people. It’s like an engineer with a tool shop trying to be an artist making an oil painting…:slight_smile: