How To Get That Edge Over Your Classroom Competitors

While thats true and important in the working world, where your trying to balance life and work. At some point you gotta put in the 10,000 hours to get good at your craft. College is where the is easiest and most encouraged to happen. If you’re comfortable in college your not growing. (But maybe that view was skewed by knowing I was paying hundred of dollars a credit hour to be there.) But to me the guy who pushed himself and is better because of it wins in the end. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

I remember one professor (Sooshin) at DAAP giving his advice. "If you have a girlfriend and she asks you for one rose, do you give her just one rose? No you give her a bouquet. " Something like that. In college this is totally true where your trying to get better/faster.

When your in the real world all I care is that you can deliver the work in the hours allotted. But in order to do that you gotta put in the practice to get good, then fast and eventually efficient.

If your fast/efficient/good in college then your the superstar everyones trying to catch.