Portfolio Crit. {Please}

Hi Nick,

You have some nice work. Overall this is my take away, kind of free form stream of conscious as I go:

Strong prototyping skills. Solid thinking. Pretty good presentation skills. OK sketching, not high enough to work in our studio right now, but it seems like you work hard at it which is good. CAD skills, hard to tell. Look pretty good though.

On the main page, the project thumbnail pages are not engaging me. Your work is better than this page looks, which is a very fixable problem.

On the prototyping page, hard to follow this page. I recommend putting the images in reverse chronological order and putting some kind of a divider between projects.

On the projects I’d start with a great money shot of the final solution, then tell the story.

On your resume, make it look more consistent with your site. Use the monogram logo in both places or don’t use it at all.

3 helmets? Do you want to design helmets?

Shoe project. Needs more content.

Polarity. It took me two scroll throughs to get it. You need an image showing it flipping over with multiple exposures and an arrow. And on the shot where it is flipped show two people sitting on it. You can photoshop them in if you need to.

Rydaware. The unit that attaches to the stem and the unit that attaches to the seat post look like two different products. There is an opportunity to make them look like a system. They should have the same design language.

All of these things are very doable. You have the skills and I think addressing even a few of these things will make your portfolio pop a lot more.