Ready.... Critique my Portfolio.

Kirchin, I have looked into your portfolio and your potential is shining through. You just need to capture the attention of the visitor and guide them through a structured explanation of what exactly you can mean for a company.

I see that you present yourself mostly as an artist because that is what you feel comfortable with. Yet you have the potential to be a professional industrial designer. As far as I can see you are also a fit individual for a job in design or art teaching. You can maintain the various facets of who you are in the portfolio, while making it more structured and telling more in-depth about the things that really matter to a future employer.

Sometimes you are presenting yourself a bit all over the place, and we can see that you have skills and ambitions, the portfolio just doesn’t show something truly finished regarding any professional field except art. A good company is surely the result of a vision and an amalgamation of individuals who in the end cannot be fully defined, yet there is also a structure - think of it as a pipeline with different stations with their inputs and outputs, the end of the pipeline being a finished industrial product. So a company wants to know about you as a person, your ideas and your skills, but also in the overall picture of a business they want to know how exactly they can fit you into the production pipeline. So if you can show something more finished and geared towards the job you are looking for, you definitely increase your chances of getting a job. Targeting your employers by studying their company and linking them to specific projects in your portfolio will increase your chances for a match without having to make your portfolio very specific to one professional field. In the end though, in my experience you end up where you fit best. I have tried for almost a year to get into UX/IxD because it was a large part of my education, and I had concrete projects to show, but I ended up getting just 2 interviews and not getting a job, then ending up in industrial design because it fits me better.