Ready.... Critique my Portfolio.

Get rid of the enter screen. Its one extra barrier to see your work. Also the enter page has bad color, font, word choices that arent helping you.
I would highly recommend that you organzie your portfolio by project and not by skillset like you currently have. Personally i stopped looking after i entered your website… Sadly i think most people would do the same :frowning:

Ill post a more proper review over the weekend… But in its current state, i think most people who are looking to hire will falloff around the same time as me.

[update 7/25/2016]
Just noticed my initial response sounded overly harsh… I browsed your portfolio on my phone and was just posting my initial impressions in real-time.

Finally had a chance to look at your portfolio on a desktop computer and I immediately noticed an issue with the mobile version of your portfolio. The simple fact is most recruiters are going to only spend a few minutes quickly browsing your portfolio to see if it piques their interest… and anything “hidden” usually results in going unnoticed. Herein lies a Mobile UX issue. The mobile version of your site not only hides the navigation, but additional work is hidden underneath a hamburger menu! With most portfolios, this isn’t a huge issue because designers often only put an “about and contact me” link under the menu, and when a recruiter loves the work they will scour the web portfolio until the contact info of the designer is found (again not the best UX, but its not a deal breaker). But in your case, this is a massive problem because your audience will only spend a few minutes on your site before they become uninterested and fall off. With the way your mobile site currently works, you need to be damn sure that the recruiter is impressed on that ONE page of random work that currently has some samples of 3d modeling with rhino, sketching, etc.

Some suggestions:

1. Limit your navigation links to work, resume, contact… this is really all you need.
  2. Unless you plan to update your blog regularly with design related posts like how Andrew Kim rose to fame… I would remove the blog entirely as it sends a mixed message to your recruiters… is this a portfolio site to get a job or is this kirchin’s personal blog?
  3. Your work should be grouped by project not by skillset. Each project should showcase your skills in context with the work.
  4. Your portfolio should clearly communicate what kind of designer you are and what you want to do. Recruiters aren’t looking for someone who can paint and also do product design… There may be a few who wants a designer who can do a little bit of everything. But a majority of the time when you work for a company, you are doing a focused thing. You are either a product designer OR a photographer… not both.