European Institutes: English medium

Hi, Nothing to say but learned huge about UMEA actually… your convertions was really nice.

At the Pennsylvania College of Technology, a special mission affiliate of the Pennsylvania State University, we have started a new BS program in industrial design and are interested in bilateral exchanges with foreign universities. Please contact me if you would like to initiate a dialogue on exchanges. We also have faculty exchanges available.

We were recently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a regional “Top 10” school and we have a strong interaction design component. I invite you to review our website at: 404

Such a i am impress for this discussion about the institutes for the English medium… so thanks for the give me this information…

Hi guys…Im looking for reviews for a Italian college called Istituto d’Arte applicata e design Turin for transportation/industrial design…Tried to look for portfolios on coroflot, but couldnt find much…Looking forward to all your post’s.

any good school for industrial design?

Im a student at IED studying Industrial Product Design, The school is probably the best private school for design in Italy i would say, not only does it have great professors but also a wonderful infrastructure.

For anyone interested in spending a year looking into the social research side of design, a new Masters is just launched at UCL in London for anthropologists exploring design and designers exploring anthropology, ethnography & material culture. UCL’s a highly rated department internationally for anthropology and for material culture especially. More details are at www.ucl.ac.uk/culture-materials-design

Adam

I’ve watned to know how is the Domus Academy in Milano?

hi this is my first posting in this site and thanks alot.

Does anyone have any experience of the Art and Media (Experimental Media Design) MA at the UdK in Berlin?

Thanks for sharing… nice info

I would promote the Eindhoven University of Technology’s programme. It’s extremely internationally oriented and forward thinking. All the classes are English spoken. They do lack a bit the aesthetic sensitivity of for example a DAE, Domus, or Royal College of Art, but that’s because the design process you learn is very multifaceted and geared toward complex interactive systems besides just industrial design. So you’ll learn to design interactive experiences rather than just products. At the moment I would recommend this program over the DAE because I heard they’re in a bit of a mess over there now, in terms of internal politics. But maybe that’s just a rumor.

What do you know of the Design academy of Eindhoven? I feel the common oppinion is that TU Eindhoven is second tier to DAE and TU Delft. I ask because I am applying to some of these schools for grad school for fall 2015. And any light you can shed on the programs would be very helpful to me.

Does anyone have a review on the Interaction Design Masters at Malmo University in Sweden? Thanks!

Hi,

I’m an industrial designer from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I graduated from USP a few years ago and have been doing volunteer work in Portugal for almost a year now. I have been trying to focus - and want to continue to focus - my work on design for social innovation related to different aspects of child development (education, nutrition, gender equality…).

I have just been accepted to a few Master programs and after a lo-ot of research, I’ve already ruled out Pratt (ID) and SVA (DSI), but I can’t seem to make a decision between Harvard (MDes) and KADK (CoDesign). I know they have absolutely nothing in common, but both have many strengths that can lead me to my goals, and I’ve been having a hard time making a decision, so I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with these two and has any thoughts.

Thanks!

TUDelft as well runs Master course in English. Very technical though… veeeeeeeeery technical but if someone thinks this is what he/she likes then you can visit it.

It all depends on a person, where lives and what level of english he has. I live in Cracow and find very interesting intstitutions to peak, but when you live in smaller city, there’s usually fewer of them and also hard to find.

Not many universities offer combined honors in English & Media Studies, and those which do are not very good, which would be a pity since you get such good grades. I think it is better if you chose to major in only English or only Media Studies.

Maths Tutor, Science Tutor, Private Maths Tutor, Private Maths Tuition, Private Science Tutor, Private Science Tuition, Online Maths Tuition, Online Science Tuition, Maths Tuition Skype, Science Tuition Skype

My opinion will probably be boo-ed down, but why go to Europe and look for universities that teach in English? Language courses can be done on a budget, and since you’ll be surrounded by native speakers anyway, you’ll learn the language super-fast. As a result, you’ll graduate with a degree and fluent (insert the official language of needed country). Two for one.

Hi,

I am product designer based in India.

I am looking at applying to 2 courses in Germany, both of which offer Masters in Integrated Design. One at TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences) and the other at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Dessau.

How are these course for someone with a product design background and looking to specialize in it?

As the courses allow students taking up a combination of subject areas in design, does it get to open-ended? Or is it structured?

I am keen on knowing about the scope of these courses for work post study.
Any feedback on these course would really help.