June 1-HDC: Furniture for Freelancers

My design is a power-cord for the freelancer who moves around a lot for meetings and often works in public spaces. As someone who is not a freelancer, but still frequently moves around with their laptop, one of my least favorite things is trying to manage the power-cord. I always wrap it up and it immediately explodes back to its previous state. To solve this I designed a compact hand winding power-cord that keeps the cord neat and rolled up no matter where you are.

The Freedom Desk.

Ultralight and super portable, this desk gives people the freedom to take their desk anywhere they are. Made up of a flexible plastic sheet, cardboard, and some clips and loops, this desk can be rolled and folded into a compact form and easily carried around to whatever location one desires. You can walk with it, bike with it, and fit it onto public transportation- no place is off limits for the Freedom Desk.

The plastic sheet acts a smooth table top and can be rolled up. This sheet is clipped and looped onto the support which is made of multiple cardboard strips that interlock and can fold similarly to an accordion. This provides a firm surface to work on. Lastly, the table legs are made of cardboard which can also fold and have tabs at the top to connect it to the table top and keep the legs from buckling.

Thanks for looking and any feedback is welcome!

My modular space saving desk, inspired by my lack of space for a workspace and current use of an ikea cube cabinet as a desk. When not in use, it packs away neatly and blends away as a cabinet, and when needed the user can pull the sections out and build a workspace around themselves that suits whatever they are working on at the time. The user can use it as a standing desk even when packed up.

Various modular ‘cubes’ would be available, i.e. storage, 3D printer, coffee drip (because drinking it is clearly too slow when it’s 2am), file organisation etc.)

My first One Hour Design Challenge! :open_mouth:
Face with my own constant poor posture, I came up with an expandable ‘mobile monitor stand’.

Many people have something at home or in the office to hold their screens high, but I constantly find myself typing emails or browsing files in places like cars, coffee shops, the train, or a couch. Ideally this design will alleviate some of the physical strain of trying to use a laptop while in a chair, including poor posture and wrist strain from typing in the wrong position.

When not in use, the stand can fold flat- allowing for easy transport in a bag or briefcase.

You can use this concept for work when you need it…

Concept is under construction…:
http://manugoo.de/meinung-abgeben/systemmoebel/

You can also use it in your livingroom :slight_smile:

Freelance designer back pack! This concept back pack turns into a table drawer by attaching to the base of any table top. The internal part of the top flap is reinforced by a bendable rod that is attached to the solid structural back. As freelancers need to be mobile and flexible to work in various locations, this concept assists in the access, organization and tracking of supplies while keeping it off the floor. When placed on the table top the flap padding can be doubled as a mouse pad.

First design submission by the Mako Design Team!

Here we have another nice gadget for your desk! The “desk organizer”
http://manugoo.de/meinung-abgeben/eingereichte-ideen/schreibtisch-organizer-usb-sd-karten-kugelschreiber-kabelhalter-visitenkarten-etc/

I see I am just a little late, but i will post anyways.
Did a messenger bag with a built in extra monitor on the cover. Material to be an aged leather. Space for paper, your PC, your mouse, and pens.
Lots of fun.

They said no shit where you eat, but nobody said don’t sleep where you work.
This is a desk you can change the top to find a bed, for those hardcore working nights.

This is a all in one desk , For Those That are spaceless and need a quick office space , this a mobile desk unit . When you need it , just open it . When you finish working you can just close it and move it Where you want it .

This one is for those freelancers who love the bed and need a place to work with the comfort of their pajamas or those who want a small desk to work from the comfort of their sofa without blocking the computer vents.

Have a look at our new convertible office desk :slight_smile:
http://manugoo.de/systemmoebel-2/systemmoebel-konzepte-schreibtisch/

Some more pictures of our new convertible office desk :slight_smile:

http://manugoo.de/systemmoebel-2

Hallo!

My new idea :As can be seen from the picture, this is a fashion laptop bag with different functions, that is, a paper file, tablet, a pencil box, a box for iPad and NFC technology.You can bring a lot of convenience to work in an office or in a public place. For example, one can use iPad or iPhone with NFC, to achieve a variety of functions, for many projects…
This is a very interesting design! :smiley: :smiley:

http://manugoo.de/meinung-abgeben/eingereichte-ideen/functional-laptop-bag/#comment-6182

Hallo,

This is my design of products. As you can see now, this is a small table. It can be placed on the desk. It can also be placed on the desk. It has three regions. The left part can put a variety of pens. You can also put the phone. In addition it also has USB. You can also charge their cell phones.Middle portion can put laptop. The desktop can mobilize and up and down. This is designed to make users more comfortable to use. You can put the right part of the file or paper. This product material can be wood. It may also be an alloy.

Thank you very much for your attention! :smiley: :smiley:

http://manugoo.de/meinung-abgeben/eingereichte-ideen/aufbewahrung-von-schreibzeug-manugoo-2/

This concept is for the Freelancer on the go. Flat pack concept mobile folding chair. Made with lightweight one inch plywood. Swinging 1/2 inch steel rod for the legs. The top plywood is the work desk that rotates for seating access with built in sliding drawer storage for paper, pens, and e-gadgets.

Winners of 1-HDC: Furniture for Freelancers Edition have been announced! :smiley:

Grand prize goes to Graham Wilson’s Wind Up Power Cord, and the two runner ups include knoll321’s Work Cocoon & Aaron Yong’s VR Air Stool.

Check out the post showing winners & judge comments here: The Winner of Our 1-Hour Design Challenge.... - Core77

Thanks all for your participation and stay tuned for more Design Challenges coming up soon!

-Core77