Jobs after SCAD Industrial Design

First I will say I don’t know that you are asking the right questions here. Choosing your school is a personal decision that should look at your entire educational experience. Judging a school on the dorms is a bit ridiculous. All art schools are expensive, all are going to be competitive and finding a job is going to be challenging, and all are going to have their own quirks. I graduated from SCAD in 2002. I have had a pretty great career working my way through many corporate positions to now being the Sr Manager of Global Design Innovation at PepsiCo.

You have to realize that no matter where you go, you get out of what you put in. Your career is your responsibility, not the schools. The school only gives you the tools to learn your craft. If you expect the school to link you with potential employers then you are going to fail no matter if you go to SCAD or somewhere else. They will give you sponsored project opportunities and introduce you to industry professionals, but thats as far as they can take it. You have to put in the hard work to build your craft, network with others and build your career.

So what I would tell you is to go visit the school. Make a list of all the things you expect out of a school and where you would like to spend the next 4 years of your life. Get a tour of the ID department and ask lots of questions. Then move on to the next school and do the same.

J