June 1-HDC: Furniture for Freelancers

Hi, What a great idea! It really sparked my attention. I freelance for a living and actually go by a ‘nomadic approach’ with an everyday accessory.
I take it everywhere, making use of small space to a whole different level with it. I carry a lot more than people expect when they ask about it.

I did a fast and furious design exercise tonight, sketched my idea in 15 minutes
and built a model in 45 minutes using Sketchup and pulling parts off of 3D warehouse models.
My design would be intended for a traveler who is working on flights and needs a portable work station for a laptop.

It features:
Classy wood cover (preferably walnut) with embedded solar panel + USB power port fed into interior,

Multiple pouches to store electronics, hard drives, notebooks, pens, etc. (during powering / storage) and trial-size accessories for overnighters (contact solution, deodorant, toothbrushes, etc.)

Steel base construction featuring a perforated ledge a laptop would rest on;
The perforations could be large enough to hold an array of pens if sketching

‘Bias Light’ that will help your eyes when working on a laptop in the dark (dark cabins on night flights)

Suitcase handle / Backpack straps (did suitcase in this version for time constraints)