Jobs after SCAD Industrial Design

I graduated with a BA in Industrial Design from SCAD in 2012. As far as the dorm situation goes…I would recommend finding your own apartment or a room in a house. It will cost a fraction of the price of the dorms and you’ll have plenty of space for projects (space is scarce in the dorms). Talk to Dallas Sicay at Sicay Management. He has decently priced places all over town and takes great care of his tenants. I rented from him for 2 years and never had an issue.

I had an overall great experience at SCAD, but there was a shortage of decent professors when I attended and I feel somewhat jipped in that aspect. Many of the fantastic professors teaching now, such as Owen Foster, had just started late into my college career, but I’m sure other great professors have joined the team. The facilities are top-notch, including cintique pc labs, 3D printers, CNC machines and a huge array of metal and woodworking equipment.

I can’t say much about the job opportunities, but it does seem that SCAD advertises more opportunity than exists in reality. I have yet to find employment in ID, though I haven’t given up hope. My after-college years have been mostly odd-jobs and working for CBS radio (which just sold all its stations, dangit). If you decide to go with SCAD, my best advice is to be as active as possible in the ID community, make contacts, and attend every job related event. If you have any questions PM me.