Would appreciate some feedback!

thanks! I will be updating it in the coming weeks, can’t wait for you to check out my new, improved site soon.

Thank you for noticing that I tend to make the products I design. I have a belief in making things, because when I make things, I tend to think deeper about how something will be manufactured, and the beauty of making something with my hands tends to be a good feeling.

I see what you all are saying with ELLIPSIS. For the Lexus Design Competition, our (me and two others’) design process was literally going to different coffee shops after studio and talk about the idea. We believed it to be a concept-heavy project, whereas the designing wasn’t pushed as far. It got shortlisted, because I think the judges saw the potential, but wasn’t chosen because it is too open ended. This is actually one of the projects I am working on right now to get a functional prototype down and to put into my portfolio.

And thank you so much about Sol! It is really a project I am proud of. I always like finding inspiration from other sources and taking that design studio taught by a really talented architect was an amazing, amazing experience. I was afraid of putting work not related to industrial design into my portfolio and site, because I feel like really industrial-heavy firms may be turned off of my work thinking I am an artist and not a designer that will make real commercially-successful products.

Your first question is really something I ask myself almost everyday. I don’t know. I know what designers and designs I enjoy and am passionate about and take inspiration from, but most of those tend to be in heavily craft-oriented countries… Sweden, Japan, Italy, Netherlands, etc.

I understand what you mean by moeling with more complex an controlled surfaces… many of my designs form-wise are pretty simple, but I have a question for you. Is this necessarily a bad thing if the idea and function behind them is really well thought out and executed? Is simple and functional the way to go for a lot of people?