Yo-folio>> Updated

Thanks Ray, I actually did it myself using EverWeb. The stock templates it came with were pretty crap, but it is a pretty simple drag and drop program so I was able to make my own thing pretty easily. It took about 5x the amount of time I thought it would. I’m not sure why I feel so allergic to Square Space or Wiix (which is awesome BTW). I just can’t get passed the whole monthly fee thing… must be the old man genX’er in me. I pay for web hosting already.

LOL, time management. Let me see, well, I don’t have kids, so I should say my time demands are probably a lot different than most people. Second, I don’t watch much TV. Maybe 15 mins of the news during breakfast and 30-60 mins at night, tops, and a lot of times I sketch during that. So that 400 hours people put into Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad or whatever is all time I get for other stuff. Lastly, design is my profession as well as my hobby.

The list of things I like to do is short:

1. work
  2. get dinner/drinks with friends (who tend to be other designers, artists, musicians…)
  3. go to museums, art shows, car shows, and concerts with said friends
  4. design more stuff…

I luckily don’t have any expensive time suck hobbies like snowboarding or what have you, other than cars I guess, but I keep that under control :slight_smile:

Things I try to do regularly.

1. sketch at least one hour a day not for work related projects. Even if it is just doodles I don’t show anyone else.
  2. meet people. Relationships are a lot of what we do. I’ve gotten so many fun projects and jobs just by talking to people and talking about design in an articulate way.
  3. say yes. There are always things we say no to because we just don’t feel like doing it. We rationalize it of course, but usually we ae just tired. i try to ignore that. Right now I’m on the board of directors for a photography festival. I don’t really know anything about photography or festivals, but they asked and I thought I’d learn something so I said yes :slight_smile: