Side Release Buckle design guide/material?

Thanks for the replies all.

As mentioned, I’m a bit out of my element on this. Had a friend of mine do up the CAD after working on the initial concept together. Application is “different”, let’s just say (curved, under load weight, assembled to other components made of various materials, not a strap thing, etc…). I don’t do CAD and deal very little with injection molding and any type of snap fasteners in my usual line of work. I’m in footwear…

I’ve been looking and taking photos of similar snaps, but so far nothing is 100% the same, though I try to steal as much as I can.

ABS? First I’ve had this suggested. Most seem to be POM or Nylon. Supplier recommended PEBAX. Why ABS?

Prototyping is going on in China with a supplier who doesn’t have much experience with the process. Just getting them to understand the difference between SLA and SLS took a while. Any kind of specialty 3D print material I think I’ll have little luck communicating or be able to use. That said, might bring prototyping back to NA if need be if supplier in China pushes against us and isn’t cooperative. Transparent in 3D print is not important however, only final part.

Keep the suggestions coming. Very much appreciated! Wish I could share more. Will be an exciting project when it finally launches in a year or so!

Thanks!

R