Mid-Career Advice

• This has been my general thought since I haven’t had anything specific I would want to study
  • I’ve always had an interest in betting an MBA at some point. I’ve looked into programs that combine and MBA & MID, but again, see the point above.

• When things are all said and done, I want to be knowledgeable enough and skillful enough create the best design solution possible while not wasting someone’s time or money. Eventually I would like to be in a position such as a Design Director or Creative Director where I can help lead but not necessarily be doing all of the “grunt” work.

• I have always enjoyed the idea of Branding and how it applies to the design of products and architecture. I am a person who typically likes to look over the high level view of items to see things as a whole instead of individual parts.

• The license is definitely low hanging fruit for me. It’s more a matter of time investment than anything else. Cost wise I’m looking at around $1500 which in the grand scheme of things is nothing. I could potentially boost my pay by 20k-30k in two years time if I get licensed. Again, this just comes down to time investment and whether or not I want to invest that time into switching career paths
  • I have really considered this option for a couple of different ideas. I would love to launch a small furniture line and see if I could get a few pieces to take off in order to launch my own larger line of furniture. This is where I would need another person with connections to the manufacturing world to help out.