"Must have experience with molded plastics..."

Thanks Sain,
I feel like I’m able to recount definitions and practical examples of most of these terms with some confidence, but certainly not from a standpoint of personal experience.

Cheers,
Yes, this is exactly my feeling. In any case I think I’d much rather be collaborating with experts in each phase of the process rather than trying to be a one man band and solo the entire journey. I’m definitely more interested in producing the right product than in any personal acclaim. Also, I think it’s rare to truly learn from yourself.

Thanks,
Yes, thankfully I’ve been able to keep up to date with the CAD, technology and materials sides of things in my recent positions so the base knowledge should be fresh.

I think it may have been on Core recently they had an article about ‘the wall’ where a project is sort of blindly thrown over in the hope that someone with the necessary skills to fill the gaps in a concept would catch it the other side and run with it.

I never want to be the guy ‘throwing’ the project. I find it embarrassing when I’ve had to hand projects over to the engineers earlier than I feel I should but it does serve to help you identify where your skills are lacking. Just got to make sure you do something about it!

Well, I already feel a bit more positive about throwing myself at positions I may have felt slightly under-qualified for so thanks for the responses so far.