"Must have experience with molded plastics..."

Some consultancies do a lot of work going from sketch to factory hand off files. I personally as an industrial designer have gone from sketch to pretty close to tool ready cad. (With the watchful eye of an engineer)

If I had to guess what 2 years experience with plastic molding would mean I would say a applicant should understand (at least at the modeling level). Draft and Slide management. Wall thickness, Ribs and Bosses and their relations to sink. Tolerance stack up and reveals: how to manage parts that fit together. How to properly dimension a drawing, also Things like mold textures/cmf and how they impact the part. How to review plastic parts samples and effectively communicate with factories. Also if doing lots of big multi level assemblies, knowledge of top down modeling might be necessary too.

All this stuff isn’t that hard to learn, once you do it a few times you sorta get it, but my guess would be they just don’t want someone coming in an not knowing what undercuts are (pretty basic) or some one who hasn’t drafted a part for production, and not realizing how it can really affect how surfaces come together.(pretty eye opening the first time you do it)