Panicking...

No joke. Took me three years to find a job, not that my portfolio is world class. Even applied at the AutoZones of the world. Life is crazy. The job I eventually got all but ruined my life. The typical path of getting a mediocre ID job right out of school, toughen’ it out for a year, getting a better and better job until you’re a superstar, I’ve found out the hard way, is not how it works for everyone. Certainly not me. I’ve even been considering reworking a couple old projects, which I may do, actually, I already am for one, but it’s been a work in progress for years really. But that’s not really my style, and I’ve come to grips with that. I’d rather focus on what’s next and make that better than last time. It’s a rougher, grittier road maybe, but I feel like I’m building design & life muscle in some ways. Everyone’s path is a little different. Don’t let yourself become deluded by the “golden ID path” that nobody seems to dissuade you from believing you’re destined for in school. For better or worse I don’t really have “panic button” in my brain. So I just rolled with whatever happened. I’m trying to change that. I do have a “really pissed off and irritated” button. The “Panic” one is probably a better one to have, but definitely no need to panic that you don’t have your dream ID job after a couple months. Just go with the flow, homelessness is Very Underrated! (Just Kidding!)