Come at me bro.

Fellow recent grad mechanical engineer who loves design and works as a mechanical design engineer here.

For the homepage, as Michael mentioned, use a picture that serves you. I’m not 100% sure the rolling qualifiers helps you. As someone who’s in between two worlds I just think it reinforces the ambiguity of what you can bring. The blog aspect of it makes me feel like I’m the landing page of some weekend warrior maker rather than an engineer prospect.

I’d switch out skill to resumé/cv, it wasn’t obvious to me where to go to see it. For the CV it self, I’d consider putting the education section before the work. Ultimately the impressive part of your CV is that you have a masters in Aerospace Engineering. If it was a research masters, having a link to your thesis/articles would be neat. I’d consider breaking apart the Bachelors from the Masters other than if it’s a 5 year consolidated programme. I’d personally get rid of secondary school. I’m not a fan of an arbitrary point system associated with different skills. I’d also consider some of the softer skills as superfluous.

The UAV project could use some punch in the presentation. A lot of the images are of text and tables. I think finding a way to present that graphically would give a much better idea of your implication and the scope of the project at a glance. Maybe spend some time redesigning the body of the craft to something more sexy and have some neat renders. It could also show off some solid CAD surfacing.

I think it’s hard to show engineering problems in a portfolio. The process is tedious and not inherently visually appealing. You’ll need to go the extra mile to make a visually appealing story. I don’t really want to see free body diagrams when scanning your portfolio. Though I’d like to see refinement of your solution. Show me that you can solve problems and have your shit together.

I’d also look at the order of your projects in your portfolio, and possibly removing some more minor ones.

\

And a last note from my personal experience down this path. There is a lot more need for badass mechanical design engineers that will play nice in a new product design team then there is for so-so industrial designers who happen to have a degree in engineering. Job openings that will interest you will usually be for a mechanical design engineer or industrial designers. The reality of it is that it will be very hard for you to go up against dedicated industrial designers. On the flip side, design engineering requires quite a bit of experience before you can be truly useful and autonomous.

As Yo mentioned, there can be a need for a true hybrid in a startup environment, though you probably lack the experience to wrangle the full mechanical aspect of a new product by yourself. Especially the manufacturing. I’d also look for design engineering jobs in smaller companies that you know are doing design work. There you’ll be able to gain valuable experience and responsibilities and hopefully your voice can be heard to a certain extent in designery matters not to mention learn from experienced designers as well.

TL;DR make sure you don’t get stuck at the bottom of the food chain as an engineer with no experience and an industrial designer who lacks foundation skills.