Visible tattoos

I am tattooed also. But I chose to keep them pretty much invisible. They run along my shoulders and under the neck line so you can’t see them. I have always been of the belief that it is better to have them hidden. Design is a competitive business I never wanted to loose a job over what I looked like. That is kind of how competition works sometimes its not what you have it is what you don’t that matters.

I would say if you want to get it then do. But on the flip side if you don’t get hired at the place you want to work because of it then don’t complain. I have seen/heard this a lot. People get mad because people rejected them based on how they looked. Well if you want people to treat you the same then you will have to act the same. This sucks but such is life there are social norms if you choose not to follow them you will be rejected based on that. In no way I am condone this behavior but it is a fact of life and unavoidable. To that note I have seen plenty of people with visible tattoos in the industry so how big of a problem is it. I really can’t say. But I have had jobs that I am sure I could not have gotten if I had visible tattoos. So the choice is yours. I always felt the cons out weighted the pros for me.