Things to do/eat in Shanghai

Hi Bepster,

Bunch of things to do around here. There are some cool restaurants with food from regions of China that aren’t very common abroad. I live in the Jing’an district, so most places I know are around here. French concession is a bit more fancy, but also slightly more expensive. Check out Smartshanghai.com if you want to search for something in particular.

These are my favorite places here (Excluding Western food).

Edible stuff:

• Yunnan: Very cheap and tasty resto in Jing’an, Slurp. Crossing of Changping lu/Yanping lu

• Sichuan: Sichuan citizen and another one I don’t quite remember which is 20meters apart, both in Donghu lu.

• Dongbei: A good one near the crossing of Jiangning lu and Changping lu. I agree with Mrog, try

Typical Shanghainese:

-Xialongbao (Many places around the city have them, there’s one inside the IAPM mall which is quite good but pricier than the typical Chinese place)

-Sheng jian bao, which are amazing and very cheap. Another place in Jing’an, I don’t know the name because they don’t have English menu nor English name (Jiangning lu/Haifang lu).

-Little man: Awesome typical Shanghainese guy cooking great food. He doesn’t speak English and it’s not a proper Restaurant but food is amazing. My colleagues and I go there every week once or twice. Changping lu/XiSuzhou lu. If you are in Shanghai on Friday at lunch time, I could organize lunch there.

Drinks:

• French concession: Places like Yongkang lu (Street full of bars); Kartel (Julu lu), Boxing cat brewery (Fuxing lu)

-Jing An: Wuding lu/Jiaozhou lu (Another street full of bars), URVC (Cool small club in Jing’An, Xikang lu/Anyuan lu).

Non-edibe stuff:

Artsy: M50, Red square, Propaganda museum (Not really a museum but a nice collection of propaganda posters from the 20th century)
Sightseeing: Old city, the Bund, People’s square, Tianzifang, Xintiandi, South Bund (Nice park).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ale