Thinking of getting a new ride

I think they are just milking the cow while they can and tend to have the impression that the cows are completely blind and dumb. The German “premium brands” seem to be a mile behind Ford and Chrysler if we are talking about the seamless integration of digital services. What is standard in a Fiat costs a “fortune” in a Beamer.

It is a different story for a different thread. But actually we got a 5series on order right now. IF you want seamless integration of all your gadgets you need to order the “big” navigation pack, plus internet, plus online streaming services. On a car like that it jacks up the price by 5 percent, but on a 1-Series it would have been prohibitive. Thus our second car does not have navigation at all and the phone integration was aftermarket. Both solutions work reasonably well.-> Your bad VW.

“best” thing about the BMW base configuration is the “stereo”. You actually get 3 speakers (German market.) More speakers = Markup for
“HiFi”. Real Hifi = Markup for Harman Kardon, Brilliant system = Markup for Bose.

Does this read like a rant? Well I still ordered and I will be taxed for it, but I don’t have to pay for it…

mo-i