Furniture Brief Vs. Industrial Design Brief

Thanks bespter! The project is for a digital modeling II class, so its more about modeling, and then self-manufacturing the design (laser cutting, 3d printing, CNC cutting, manual wood working, welding, etc.) . I agree I need to find a use-case and storyline, im just unsure of how radical it needs to be. I do love the Mayday Lamp, and doing something like that would be quite fun. I really love the blog Aesthetics of Joy, and I often try to think of ways I can bring splashes of happiness or joy into design, I wonder if theres an opportunity to make an interactive lamp that has an element of surprise or happines/joy. Or do you think setting a specific use case and then using joy as an element would be better? For instance maybe my target user is myself (I actually do need a living room lamp) but what about that is interesting?

Edit: I just looked at your portfolio, very inspiring projects! I really love your lighting project, Can you tell me a little bit more about that project and how you came upon the theme of “potential Energy” Do you think I could do something similar with “Joy” or maybe “Ecstatic”