modo for industrial designer?

When working on designs in the real world you need to understand what limitations will hit you downstream.

For example, that video is great at showing a fairly simple, solid mass, which can be brought into a CAD tool as a solid and have some basic operations done.

In the real world the workflow operations I would want to see are things like:

-How can we add draft for specific parting lines, especially when it comes to undercuts or areas where a slide/cam will have to interact with molding a part.
-Can you shell/thicken the part without the surface inverting itself? This is an art form even with many NURBS surfacing tools, I expect it will have similar difficulties with the converted Sub-D topology because you do not have direct control over surface boundaries or complexity. This might be a work around you could solve by bringing your Modo model into a tool like Alias/Rhino if needed.
-What happens when I am working with large, multi part and complex assemblies. Like most products, a product will be an assembly of dozens or hundreds of parts, I need a tool that allows me to build out all of those parts WITH the tolerance precision required for mass production.

If you are a student, and you are trying to generate 3D forms rapidly for testing and iteration and you never need to go past a 3D Printer, then Sub-D tools are awesome. Fusion is probably the closest thing right now to a tool that is trying to combine all these attributes, but I’m out of the game when it comes to the latest CAD software.