Industrial Design Schools: Opinions and Questions

Haven’t posted on here before but I have came up on a recent issue and need some advice.

I am a Design Studies student at NC State Universities College of Design and will graduate May of 2017. My Dilemma if you will is… Do I try to go to graduate school at NC State or somewhere else? I’d like to stay in State because of tuition costs BUT the only other school is Appalachian State and they don’t have a graduate program for ID, nor is the area that the school in very good for internship opportunities. Here in Raleigh, there are many firms I could get an ID internship… if they would ever email me back. I am on the cusp with one but thats a different subject.

M. Ditullo’s suggestion was to go somewhere else instead of the same school that I got my undergrad in. He also told me to check some of the bars out so I wanted to do that by reaching out on this one.

So, again, what are your thoughts on going to the same school that you got your undergraduate in for your graduate degree? Any other pieces of advice for an aspiring industrial designer who is also interested in furniture are welcome too.