Yo-folio>> Updated

Hmm. Thanks. That is weird. It works fine on chrome for me.

Here is what it looks like on mobile which is also wrong. I need to change that typeface clearly.

Keno, thanks so much for the catch!

Try it now. It should look like this.

Looks great. Seems to render properly on FireFox.

[ Deleted ]

Keno, the drop down meanies are killing me. I haven’t been able to figure out how to give the text more space in everweb. I need to play with it more.

A good friend gave me some feedback to add some “featured projects” to the front page to make it easier to dive deeper into the sight.

Making the books links is on my list. Good call.

@yo, i could be wrongg, but it lookks like you are custom making this website… Is there any reason you arent using wordpress and selecting one of the many beautifully well designed templates available out there?

I guess because I’m doing it the hard way. :frowning:

Do you have any recommendations with Wordpress? I hadn’t looked much into it.

Considering you are already doing it the hard way, i think ull be able to pick wordpress fairly quickly. It’s come a long way and aside from the confusing techy terms, its actually quite easy to set up and use.

Ill send you a pm so we can talk more easily.

Highly recommend customizing a prebuilt Wordpress template

5,999 Templates to browse through at WordPress Themes - WordPress Templates | ThemeForest

However you did the little screencap for Analog Dreams - I can see the Illustrator or InDesign text selection underline.

I like the format overall - overwhelming rather than restraint - it serves the purpose of including a taste of everything you’ve worked on.

Not a fan of the Work topics, with white letters on top of the images. Obscures the images, or is hard to read with the white-on-white plus drop shadow.

Would it help to show a before/after on some of the products/identities at Sound United? Especially Definitive.

Can I ask why you chose the term “collaborate” in the section at the bottom “Some of the companies I have enjoyed collaborating with…”? The term collaboration means to “work jointly”, implies a 1:1 relationship between peers, like ‘collabs’ between a shoe company and a DJ. Is it accurate to say you “collaborated” with Nike? Do employees “collaborate” with their employers? Do design firms “collaborate” with their clients, when ultimately at the end of the day its a fee-for-service relationship? (e.g. Google hires Frog).

Sorry, I don’t know why this phrase irks me. I think because I’ve seen it on junior designer’s resumes, saying they collaborated with a firm’s client, when in actuality they did some sketches under the direction of other design leadership.

Slippy,

Overwhelming is more my style. I’m a bit of a maximalist when it comes to through put. :slight_smile:

Not sure why the phrase collaborated with irks you either, but I think the issue is there. If you have ever worked with me, you know that I see everything as working on a 1:1, even was I was a mi level designer, I was working with Michael Jordan on shoes and disagreeing, working through things… everyone else is easy compared to that. I’ve never thought of my relationship as an employee as I need to take orders, more that I need to produce results… though I have worked with many employees. It is how you see yourself. The word was chosen intentionally.

RE Analog dreams, good catch. Crap. Need to fix that ASAP.

RE Before/After, I need to think about this. I feel like it would come off wrong.

One thing I got feedback on was to move the more text heavy philosophy stuff to the about page and pull some of the deep work content forward as “featured case studies” or something.

Looking into the wordpress thing. I think I’m going to take my time with tat as I have so many hours invested into setting this up.

Fair enough and good rationale.

A ‘before/after’ page for sound united would be more appropriate if/when you move on from that company. :slight_smile:

Slippy, BTW, I’m with you when it comes to recent grads doing that… and perhaps I’m laying down a double standard for myself, but I think I was interviewing someone for a position above a director level I would understand it… though I have to say I have been thinking about it.

Also, I made some large changes to the front page today.

1. Finally had a chance to correct that mistake on the timeline (been traveling for most of the month, so just haven’t had time!)

2. made the books clickable links

3. moved some of the heavier text and Venn diagrams to the ABOUT page, and pulled up some “featured projects”. Eventually I want to do all of the projects bars like that with colored backgrounds… when I have more time… (excuses, I know, I know…)

I still need to add the Converse page, some of the sketchbook pages, Identity and Soft Goods pages.

Also, I just can’t figure out how to give more space in the drop down menus in EverWeb, and that odd issue might make me leave for a wordpress… the small things can be so frustrating.

Let me know if you see anything or have any other suggestions.

[ Deleted ]

Thanks Keno, I’ll give it a shot. EverWeb is a WYSIWYG type web creation app. Will that jack with the overall app, or will I have to do that every time? I made a topic on their help forum and the lack of response is making me think they don’t have a way to adjust it.

Also, just looked back at comments on this thread going back to 2005. Amazing… and a little hilarious.

[ Deleted ]

Thanks Keno. Between your advice and the EverWeb forums I got it fixed. You’ve got to love the deep knowledge you can get from forums.

I also moved some other things back to the about page to keep the front page a little lighter.

The EverWeb forums are pretty good.

added a bunch of content this afternoon:

2016 sketchbook (which you have seen if you follow the doodling page in the sketching forum :slight_smile: )

Footwear sketchbook, a collection of some of my favorite footwear sketches from over the years, I need to ad more, but I wanted to get it started:
http://michaelditullo.com/work-deep-pages/footwear-pages/footwear-concepts.html

Converse, select projects:
http://michaelditullo.com/work-deep-pages/footwear-pages/converse.html

I also added video content on the Polk, Definitive Technology, Jordan and Nike pages.

added 2013 sketchbook.

While the work is obviously pretty good, I find the presentation of it to be a bit overwhelming. Maybe try pairing down the number of projects and simplify the layout. I know you mentioned that your intent is to err on the side of maximalism, but I wonder if there’s a way to do that in a way that’s less overwhelming?

Just my two cents. Take it with a grain of salt or maybe show it to other people/friends and see if they have similar reactions.