Apowers' Design School Journey

Thanks Michael, it’s been really difficult to get strong feedback from others lately so I’m glad to take the harsh criticism.

Under Armour is very much an athletic brand, focused on athletic movement, and while competitive gaming may not be a direct correlation I wanted to form a statement that questions why athletic brands haven’t made any sort of leap into this enormous new world that is e-sports. The other reason I chose Under Armour is because Kevin Plank has gone on record multiple times stating that he knows tech is the future, and the brand is continuing to push into this new world of athletics, wearables, and tech. So why not look at a new sport that is doing all of that at once?

This is just my thinking, I understand it may be a stretch and they may never do such a thing but since I was 12 playing competitive video games I dreamt of a major athletic company disrupting a landscape of gear that hasn’t changed in quite a while (specifically pc gaming).

As far as design goes I’m very happy to hear your critiques, given that this was done on such a short time-frame I approached this project from a naive technical perspective in hopes of discovering something that maybe hasn’t been done before due to normal constraints.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on headphone design in general, there’s some really valuable information here that I probably wouldn’t have heard from anyone else! (even my instructor critiquing this project had designed some major headphones and didn’t bring these things up)

Next project will be much better, thanks again for the feedback as always, Michael!