Apowers' Design School Journey

Aaron, I mean this is the best possible way because I know you can take the feedback. I think you can do much better.

Overall. I don’t think Under Armour is a brand fit. They are all about physical activity. They are about physical exertion and metaphorical combat over games. If they were to do headphones they would likely do training sport headphones. This would be a better brand fit. Music as motivation to perform and train.

On the designs themselves. All of the concepts feature headbands that completely pierce the ear cans. The construction is not often used because you can’t really get a good seal or adjustment. It is also more difficult to hide the wires in the band. Notice Sol Republic, who most popularly use this style, they had to have a wire go to each can. It is not a popular method because now you have two wires.

All of the can shapes are very geometric. The ear is not geometric. Check out other cans and they are more ear shaped. Even beats, under the graphical headband, is very ear shaped. Check out our Polk Buckle, Striker Pro and Definitive Symphony 1’s, which are consistently rated some of the most comfortable.

Minor point, most ear pads are leather because it naturally creates a seal with the skin which increases bass response and sound isolation. The textile one breath more but most people prefer the performance of the leather. They also wipe clean which is important.