External Creative Director : Pattern of Collaboration

Richard, thanks again for your suggestions. Perhaps I am wrong, but on the above quote lies i think the “problem”. Not that much for a designer but for the client who will be asked to pay (let’s say) 200E for an hour phone call (1 hour is a skype call as the client is in another country… still cheaper than flight tickets hehehe…). At least in Europe this kind of money is kind a lot for what a client may consider “just a phone call”. But from my side I totally get your point.

I am not aware if you know European price ranges but the 200/h (that actually 150-200 is the range I estimate would bring the money i charged per bag for the previous project) may sound steep. Considering a medium-sized design consultancy charges about 500E/day for a designer working on a client’s project = 62.5E/h. Do you think based on that, that 150-200/hr is a high number?
I have asked a couple of fellow designers working in north Europe but they charge per project so not much reference to judge.

Also, may I ask, before starting a task under retainer agreement, I guess the designer has to estimate approximately the time will spend on the said task and inform the client that it will take home X hours. Or the designers informs the client afterwards how many hours he worked?

thanks