Gmay3's Sketching Journey

Personally I think ellipse guides are nonsense. Especially at the beginning. They are crazy expensive for a few pieces of plastic. And acutally not all that useful if you are not doing a really tight, precise rendering.
I would suggest to start at ellipse basics again! All of yours seem off. The biggest mistake you make right now is, that you draw the ellipses closer to the “camera” wider and the ones further away tighter. Actually it is exactely the other way around. Do this: 1. Draw a box in (correct) perspective. 2. “fillet” the edges of those boxes until they are cylinders. 3. Observe the outcome and repeat - a thousand times.
Drawing just the axis and then throwing the ellipses on the axis freehand is something you should do once you really nail the neatly constructed cylinders. You really need to build up “the eye” first in order to get it right with this technique. I think it is too early for that.

I think in general you are trying to work too neatly. Personally I think at your current stage that is contra productive. The problem with neatly retracing a drawing that doesn’t have a perfect perspective is that every flaw will be really really obvious. Plus it is a waste of time. Instead of putting lineweight and details on your drawing better draw the same thing three or four times. I would recommend to use something like a papermate flair and nothing else for now. It forces you to draw relatively big on your page and really commit your lines. Take it and start drawing really FAST. Fill pages and pages with boxes. Don’t spend a lot of time thinking about them or correcting them. Just add one more… and one more. Don’t spend more than a few seconds on each. Then put ellipses on those boxes. If you messed up… let it be, just go on. At this point the most important thing for you is to get in the mileage. Sketching faster also solves a lot of your problems. It adds a lot of life and dynamic to your sketches. Details get less important and even perspective can be off here and there if you generally get it right.