Kickstarter Smartphone

Performance issues I agree with but, do you really believe your data on any internet connected device or cloud server will ever be secure? Marketing departments are just waiting to make such claims (without being laughed out of the market) for new future phone designs.

It appears the silicon valley has been busy in the last few quarters trying to push the next wave of hand held computing, tracking, communication and monitoring devices/systems. Ex-CEO of Apple John Sculley and SF based design firm Ammunition have put together a competitive <US$200 price point that will go head to head with this kickstarter play.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3050406/how-ammunition-and-apples-ex-ceo-plan-to-disrupt-the-design-center-of-the-smartphone-world#2

The only thing new being offered here on the Kickstarter Robin phone that does not already exist is the bloat ware management feature. If they can pull that off without upsetting my day trading, share economy and group communication apps when I really need them, then this is a feature that I want in a phone that has a higher degree of form sophistication.

It is very interesting to see how these large American tech company guys leave their firms and start ventures like this hoping to create a new market. This would be sacrilegious here in South Korea land of the Chaebol monarchy firms.