Micro/Smart apartments - What do we think?

It is a movement I have been following for a few years and am thoroughly on board with. In fact, I did live in a micro-apartment when in NY for a year and it was fantastic to have that amount of privacy for my $1000 a month, given I could have rented a room in a four bedroom apartment for that.

I won’t post pictures of the place because it wasn’t as nicely designed as the ones you see popping up on blogs/Pinterest but as mentioned it was fantastic to have my own space after a hard days graft at the office.

As I am now in my mid-20s the idea of buying a small place to renovate or even one of those tiny home trailors is really appealing to me. It’s something I could afford rather than throwing rent in to an apartment. It really isn’t hard to live small and many seem to thing you need to get rid of a lot, especially your wardobe but I really didn’t have a problem.

Heres a Pinterest board of mine with different images of tiny houses I’ve seen pop up over the last few years: https://www.pinterest.com/davidbulldesign/micro-apartment/