Sketch-Fu: Women's Footwear

technically aren’t those cake pops though :slight_smile: Nice stuff as always JB.

:laughing: :wink:

Playing around with an idea…

that sliver line.
1509Lshoes3.jpg

ADD, I took the liberty of liquifying the proportions a bit not that one.
1509Lshoes3.jpg

Yo, Thanks for correcting it. looks appropriate & nice stance. :slight_smile:

you can also go more this way with it. Proportions change so much.
1509Lshoes3-1.jpg

As a third person If you show me that design alone, I might accept it.
But in comparison with others, I will prefer the previous one that has a nice harmony/flow with the design. It meant for that size.
As an outsider to this domain, I don’t have that precise eye for the proportions that you have.
Are there any other variations possible? If I am asking for too much then just skip it.

I do varied sketches in many domains. I enjoy the process of it/sketching.
These sketches together, might help me to open some door somewhere in that category.
Thanks for your help.

I think the most important thing is to understand the different types in the category. It just comes from looking at a lot of shoes. :slight_smile:

kitten heels, pumps, high heels, stilettos, platform heels, wedges, platform wedges. They all have their unique proportions based on years of shoe making. The proportions can be tweaked and pushed, but they have to be understood. Never leave your sketches alone. I love scanning my sketches, mirroring them and then using the liquify tool to push and pull the proportions. You get different looks quickly that might serve as an underlay for the next sketch.

Another sketch for the ladies…

[ Deleted ]

That is really popping. Nice work! :smiley:

[ Deleted ]

was it kill la kill?

[ Deleted ]

some oldies, but I uploaded a bevy of sketches I did in 2011 as part of an ideation phase for women’s performance footwear for Brooks:

Party season is here…

R

Happy Friday Peeps…

fun sketches fells!

Not a sketch,but done from a sketch…