Apowers' Design School Journey

I wanted to update my post with some stuff from Summer, it’s been a bizarre semester.

On the last day of class I was offered an internship at Enlisted and started the next day after. I’ve learned so much, and I’m sketching and designing more than I’ve ever been before. The pace is quite fast, but I’m happy to see my strengths and weaknesses come out in a more apparent way. I’ll be Full-time at Enlisted for the rest of the Fall and taking a few classes.

Here are some sketches within the past month or two, the main focus for me was to improve my loose ideation sketching as I felt that when I needed to loosen up and be creative I was presenting illegible sketches. I’m glad I focused on this, because it has paid off when working in the studio already.

Lately I’ve been feeling like I’m missing that aspect of freshness in my work, and most of what I’m putting out is “expected” whether that’s just sketches or in my design work. Does anyone have advice on how I can improve this aspect of my skills?