Sketchstone's Sketchbook

I recommend that you do not try to draw “like” me. Fundamentals over style. Drawing style can only get you so far. Get the fundamentals down, then add your own unique style to it. Without the fundamentals, you will eventually crash and burn.

I too like my style, but as stated above, i think I’ve crashed and burned due to lack of weak fundamentals.

It’s not a subject matter frustration for me. I know what I am lacking, but I am unable to put it on paper, no matter how many times i practice or try. And honestly I practice a lot, every single day. Or at least I used to, until my latest dilemma.

I decided to mainly move on to a new passion, not entirely sure what it is yet, but I am currently trying to learn web development.
I will mostly likely not give up drawing entirely, but it will no longer be my primary passion.

BUT, here is a sketch I did last night. I tried to focus on styling over sketching ability. In other words, all 9 of these sketches used an underlay for proportion and perspective reference, by doing so, I was able to focus on the styling/design of each car.

Row 1: Honda Civic
Row 2: Lexus IS
Row 3: Mazda 3 hatchback