Panicking...

As someone who graduated last year and who was also in your shoes, my #1 advice is to be patient. I’m actually shocked you’re complaining you don’t have a job after only a MONTH has passed. Panic after a year has passed and you still haven’t found a job. It took me 6 months to find an industrial design job despite having several on-site interviews and interest. At first, I was willing to take any ID job just to have a job. This was mistake #1. Don’t rush into an application, interview, employment JUST because you feel bad for not having a job already. My biggest take away from the job search process was that every single employer was trying to find the right fit for the job. Guess what? You probably aren’t it and maybe the company isn’t a right fit for you either. Think about what YOU want out of a job. Don’t want to work by yourself? Don’t want to be a sketch monkey? Don’t apply then. Don’t try to mold yourself to every single company! You are not a fit for every company and every company is not a fit for you. Figure out what YOU do well and SELL that. Then find a company who aligns with this. Make your passion for design show more than your desperation for a job.

I’m now a year post-grad and finally work at my dream design company doing exactly what I wanted to do (only after unhappily working for a design company that was not the right fit for 7 months prior). That being said, the design field can be tough to get into. Luck and timing is everything! Companies aren’t constantly hiring or may not have a need for another designer right now. I only got my current job because two designers moved out-of-state at the same time and my company finally had an opening after 4 years. Yep, 4 years they hadn’t needed a new designer. Dumb ass luck indeed. Things take time and don’t expect to find your dream job (or any job) right away! :wink: